You know you should sleep 7 to 8 hours per night, but do you really sleep that much? And when you do, is the quality of your sleep any good? Modern life makes pillow-time a huge challenge. Your cell phone on the nightstand emits blue light and EMF, your high glucose dessert after dinner leaves your hormones out of whack, and that glass of red wine you use to initially fall asleep will eventually backfire and keep you from achieving deep, restful sleep.
With the best possible intentions, our sleep hygiene is often a mess.
On this week’s, Yoga Talk Show, Dr. Raj Dasgupta will help you learn how to improve both the quality and quantity of your sleep. You’ll learn about common “sleep killers” in your lifestyle and environment, and the small action steps you can take to improve your sleep hygiene immediately.
Dr. Raj Dasgupta is a Quadruple Board Certified Doctor. He's an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Southern California (USC) in the division of Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine. You may have seen him on television or published in numerous media. His mission is to educate patients, students and aspiring doctors to better patient care.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why sleep apnea is a huge and growing problem that can impact your weight, your mood, your hormones, and so much more
- Why N3 and REM sleep are so important (and often lacking)
- Why stimulus control is key to a good night sleep
- Why you should stop "clock watching"
- How alcohol helps you fall asleep but promises poor quality sleep
- Why blue light from screen time suppresses melatonin
- Why cognitive behavioral therapy is the cornerstone of stress management
- Why all sleep aids decrease respiration and should be used only when necessary
- Are electromagnetic fields (EMF) really an issue?
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Best way to use Turmeric in the kitchen
Links & References from the Show:
Thanks to our sponsor:
The YOGABODY Teachers College combines new technology and age-old apprenticeship to deliver a level of education previously The YOGABODY Teachers College combines new technology and age-old apprenticeship to deliver a level of education previously unavailable anywhere. We train students not just teach, but to become local business leaders in the mind-body wellness industry
Join the Early Notification List for First Application Preference:
Direct download: 202_-_Sleep_Hygiene.mp3
-- posted at: 11:15am CEST