The Obesity Pandemic
Dr. Linda Anegawa
Hundreds of years ago, a portly belly was a sign of wealth. The royals ate and rank more than their fill while the serfs starved and toiled on the land. Today, not much has changed. Some of the wealthiest, most developed countries are plagued by weight gain and obesity, and the problem is quickly accelerating.
Pre-existing medication conditions were one of the biggest risk factors during the pandemic, but did you know that 69 percent of the U.S. population has at least one these risk factor? Their weight puts them at risk.
On this weeks’ podcast, Dr. LInda Anegawa shares her research and positive focus for a metabolically healthier future.
Listen & learn:
- Body positivity vs. celebrating sickness - can it go too far?
- Why you might consider getting a Coronary Calcium Scan and a Lipoprotein Fractionation test to better understand your risk factors
- How a ketogenic diet can cause short term hormonal challenges
- Why obesity is the #1 health threat for most people and the obvious area to focus on for the greatest impact
- How to take agency for your own health
Links & Resources
Dr. Anegawa’s website
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Linda Anegawa, MD physician-educator, writer, and consultant dedicated to the treatment of metabolic and weight-related disease. Dr. Anegawa speaks nationally on topics relating to the disease of obesity. She has received numerous teaching awards, including the Kaiser Foundation Most Outstanding Clinical Teaching award. She is the author of a book, Not Another Keto Book.
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
Like the Show?