There is a myth that weight lifting makes you big and muscle-y. More than any time in history, medical doctors and fitness experts are recommending weight training as one of the best ways to improve your overall health because the results speak for themselves. From hormonal balance and bone strength, to joint stability and weight management, resistance training is very hard to beat—and it's not just for guys.
On this week's Yoga Talk Show, you'll meet body-positive, plant-based trainer, Lacy J. Davis, who is breaking stereotypes and helping women transform their lives.
Listen & Learn:
- Why sarcopenia (muscle loss) affects almost everyone over the age of 30, and why we all need to focus on skeletal muscle maintenance and growth
- Why resistance training is a great way to encourage bone strength
- Why body image and eating disorders are propagated by the media, and how you can find balance in your life
- Why the 5 people you spend the most time with have a huge influence on your health and fitness goals
Links & Resources:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Lacy J. Davis is the founder of Super Strength Health. She is a health and wellness coach, personal trainer, public speaker, podcaster, writer, eating disorder recovery specialist, body love advocate, and artist located in Portland, OR. She is passionate about plant-based nutrition and body positivity.
Like the Show?
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Hurts So Good Massage Balls allow you to release tension, break up sliding surface dysfunctions, and improve circulation in and around your muscles and tendons, ligaments, and fascia.
- Relieve tight muscles knots, aches and pains any time, on your own
- Improve blood flow to targeted areas for nourishment and elimination of waste
- Release and relieve compressed nerves such as carpel tunnel and sciatica
- Assist in scar tissue elasticity and correct healing
Direct download: 243_-_Plant-Based_Weight_Lifting.mp3
-- posted at: 12:33pm CEST