Food has become religion with missionaries telling you to drink kale smoothies, eat bacon, avoid chicken, and take pills and potions galore. Vegetarian, vegan, raw food, paleo, Atkins... there are so many different groups who claim to have all the answers to nutrition. But do they? Really?
I've been obsessed with food and nutrition since 1999 and have studied it professionally since 2002. My biggest learning is that what we're doing right now is not working, and the future absolutely must look different than the present. I've also learned that the food religions of the world do more to confuse than to help us. My hope is that the Yoga Talk Show becomes an open forum for education and exploration as we all try to figure out how to thrive.
What You’ll Learn:
- Why there is no "one diet" for everyone
- How our food system is currently flawed
- Why the inconvenient truth about the future of food is that GMOs, lab-grown meats, and insects are likely necessities
- How we can end up on the right side of history, nutritionally
Nutritional Tip of the Week:
- Nori Seaweed Sheets - are they safe to buy from any store?
Thanks to our sponsor:
Pre-Run Warm-Ups & Post-Run Flexibility Training
Join this at-home course to learn stretching exercises that will keep you limber, mobile, and injury free. Warm-up stretches take just 2-4 minutes to complete, and after your run, your flexibility training takes 15 minutes and can also be done before bed. This one-two stretching combo can have a dramatic impact your body, posture, and running performance.
Benefits of Flexibility:
- Reduce recovery time
- Adjust, adopt and modify your running stride and posture as needed
- Stop being limited by your range of motion (ROM)
- Add some “yin” to the “yang” that is your running schedule
- Maintain your agility on diverse terrain (no more tin-man style running)
Find out more.
Direct download: 197_-_The_Vegan_Veg__Paleo_Debate.mp3
-- posted at: 11:19am CEST